I'm looking
for help...
Aidpage is free!

Free downloads: GrantGate®  Federal Money Retriever®

Corrections and Law Enforcement Family Support

Published on AidPage by IDILOGIC on Jun 24, 2005

Administered by:

US Federal Government Agency (see all agencies)
Department of Justice , National Institute of Justice
CFDA #: 16.563

Who is eligible to apply...

State and local law enforcement or corrections agencies and organizations representing State or local law enforcement or correctional personnel including National, State, or local labor unions or associations representing commissioned State or local law enforcement correctional officers in contract negotiations or other employment matters in one or more law enforcement or corrections agencies may submit proposals. Other organizations such as universities, colleges, independent research enterprises, professional associations, hospitals, health care clinics, and counseling or other treatment service providers among others, while not eligible to submit proposals, may provide technical assistance in either a consulting or sub-contracting capacity to the applicant.

Eligible Applicant Categories:
Eligible Functional Categories:

The applicant must submit a completed Application for Federal Assistance (Standard Form 424), including signed assurances that the applicant will comply with statutory and administrative requirements. The applicant is also required to submit a proposal describing the program for which funds are sought and explaining how the program will advance knowledge and/or the state of the art of practice in reducing stress for law enforcement officers and their families.

Note:This is a brief description of the credentials or documentation required prior to, or along with, an application for assistance.

About this section:

This section indicates who can apply to the Federal government for assistance and the criteria the potential applicant must satisfy. For example, individuals may be eligible for research grants, and the criteria to be satisfied may be that they have a professional or scientific degree, 3 years of research experience, and be a citizen of the United States. Universities, medical schools, hospitals, or State and local governments may also be eligible. Where State governments are eligible, the type of State agency will be indicated (State welfare agency or State agency on aging) and the criteria that they must satisfy.

Certain federal programs (e.g., the Pell Grant program which provides grants to students) involve intermediate levels of application processing, i.e., applications are transmitted through colleges or universities that are neither the direct applicant nor the ultimate beneficiary. For these programs, the criteria that the intermediaries must satisfy are also indicated, along with intermediaries who are not eligible.